More than 1,200 educators, students, and parents participated in last year’s Northwest Teaching for Social Justice conference. The conference offers the opportunity for participants to build social justice networks of people, knowledge, and resources. The Resource Fair provides a space for conference participants to learn more about local, regional, and national non-profit organizations committed to social justice education.
The Northwest Teaching for Social Justice Resources Fair is an extension of our annual conference. We welcome nonprofit, social justice organizations that support the mission of the conference, and whose practice demonstrably aligns with our aims. We share the perspective of our co-sponsor Rethinking Schools, which is “dedicated to sustaining and strengthening public education through social justice teaching and education activism.” Like Rethinking Schools we strive to “promote equity and racial justice in the classroom. We encourage grassroots efforts in our schools and communities to enhance the learning and well-being of our children, and to build broad democratic movements for social and environmental justice.” We strive to work for peace and justice not only in the United States, but throughout the world, and oppose war, militarism, colonialism, and occupation.
Resource Fair Logistics:
- Doors open to Resource Fair presenters at 7:30am on the day of the conference.
- If you are interested in applying for this year’s Resource Fair, please complete the Resource Fair Info Form. Registration for the Resource Fair will begin in mid-August, however you can submit the info form any time. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Resource Fair Participants Include:
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services
- Coffee Strong
- Community and Parents for Public Schools
- Cross Cultural Connections
- Institute for Human Education
- Rethinking Schools
- Seattle Solidarity Network
- Sustainable World Coalition
- Washington State Holocaust Education Resource Center
- Haymarket Books