Watch Curtis Acosta’s 2013 keynote address HERE
The keynote begins at the 5:30 mark!
Thank you to all of the participants: workshop facilitators & participants, resource fair organizations, and Curtis Acosta!
It is you that makes this conference the engaging, empowering, inspiring, and transformative experience that it has become. Check back for updates: video of Curtis Acosta’s keynote address and more!
2013 Conference Highlights Coming Soon:*Video footage of Curtis Acosta’s powerful keynote address; musical performance by David Rovics; and more!
October 2012: 5th Annual Conference Highlights:
Click HERE to watch the 2012 Keynote Address: Bob Peterson
“One Teacher’s Journey to Teaching & Organizing for Justice”
Click HERE to watch the 2012 Pannel on:Transforming Teachers Unions
“Transforming Teachers Unions: How Can Unions be a Force for Social Justice?”
Featuring: Adam Sanchez, Gwen Sullivan, Jesse Hagopian, Emily Crum, & Bob Peterson
Click HERE to download the 2012 Program
Samples of Past Year’s Workshops:
- Education & Capitalism: Struggles for Learning and Liberation
- Taking Back the Statistics: Mathematics as a Tool for Inquiry
- Cultural Cues for Working with African Americans
- Facing Cancer: Social Justice Curriculum for the Biology Classroom
- Interrupting Oppression in the Classroom
- Supporting Undocumented American Youth in Uncertain Times
- Gender and Sexuality 101
- Unearthing the Voices Silenced by History
- Towards Social Justice Unionism: Transforming Teacher Unions
- Sharing the Power of Practice: Writing About Teaching for Social Justice for Rethinking Schools
We seek out and strive to offer workshops that:
- Express a social justice perspective
- Are hands on and practical
- Give participants a chance to talk to one another
For more information, or to submit a workshop proposal, click here.
Over 800 educators, students, and parents participated in last year’s Northwest Conference on Teaching for Social Justice. The conference offers the opportunity for participants to build social justice networks of people, knowledge, and resources.
Some past Resource Fair participants include:
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services
- Coffee Strong
- Community and Parents for Public Schools
- Cross Cultural Connections
- Institute for Human Education
- Rethinking Schools
- Seattle Solidarity Network
- Sustainable World Coalition
- Washington State Holocaust Education Resource Center
- Haymarket Books
Registration for this year’s Resource Fair is now open.
Service Times & Directions
Weekend Masses in English
Saturday Morning: 8:00 am
Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:45 am,
12:30 pm, 5:30 pm
Weekend Masses In Español
Saturday Vigil: 6:15pm
Sunday: 9:00am, 7:15pm
Weekday Morning Masses
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 am
Wonderland, AK 45202